With the government announcing its roadmap out of lockdown last month, there is growing optimism that this summer could see the return of outdoor events. On March 8th, restrictions began to lift, with millions of children going back to school, and with the government’s new four-step roadmap, we could all see life returning to some semblance of normality over the coming weeks and months.
That’s good news for the events industry, which has seen revenues plummet in the wake of recent lockdowns. If all goes to plan, we could see open-air events returning as early as June 21st.
Generating A Buzz
With more than half of the adult population already vaccinated, there’s real hope that 2021 could be a year of recovery. And in light of the government’s plan, organisers up and down the country have begun to announce firm dates.
Popular music festivals, such as Leeds & Reading, Creamfields and Rewind are all scheduled to go ahead, along with a plethora of other cultural and sporting events. While some organisers are a little more cautious, with big events such as Notting Hill Festival yet to announce anything concrete, most are confident of a return sometime in 2021.
Powering Up For Summer
While nothing is set in stone, as restrictions continue to ease, it’s looking increasingly likely that the UK will be opening up this summer. And if you’re in the events business, it pays to be prepared. As we all know, without proper planning, things can quickly go awry; so if you’re considering putting on an event after June 21st, you need to set the wheels in motion now.
One key factor that should never be overlooked at any open-air event, is the power supply. Just an hour or so of downtime can have a detrimental effect on customer experience and cost you money, so when you’re looking at potential suppliers, you need to choose wisely.
Generator Power has the equipment and expertise you need to ensure your event goes smoothly. We’re an industry leader, with more than 20 years’ experience in the rental and installation of generators. Our team is trained to the highest possible standards and we use the very best, most reliable equipment on the market.
When it comes to providing generators for outdoor events, our knowledge and expertise are second to none. Here are just a few examples of how we can help you keep the power flowing and put on the best possible outdoor event this summer:
- Temporary power hire – To ensure you get the best equipment possible, we supply only the finest, most reliable products on the market, whether that’s traditional generators, battery storage units or hybrid systems.
- Emergency power – For extra reliability, we can install synchronised generators to share the load, giving you the peace of mind that your power will continue to flow no matter what.
- Planning – As you know, in the events business, planning is everything. A dedicated account manager will carry out a thorough site survey, assess your specific needs and advise you on the correct size and number of generators.
- Specialist vehicles – One thing we can’t plan for is the British weather. But if the heavens open and the ground turns to mud you needn’t worry. With our fleet of specialist 4×4
vehicles, we’ll deliver and collect your generator on time whatever the weather.
- Project management – Our team of engineers provide round-the-clock support. We’ll oversee the delivery and installation of your generator, and one of our dedicated project managers can even remain on-site to monitor the generators and ensure your event goes off without a hitch.
If you’re looking for safe, reliable generator hire for festivals or outdoor events this summer, get in touch and find out how Generator Power can help.